James joined Baldwins in 2012 as a solicitor in the litigation team in the Auckland office. Prior to joining Baldwins, he practised in civil and commercial litigation as a junior at a leading set of barristers' chambers in Auckland, did research work at Auckland University's Faculty of Law, and worked with top-tier English and US firms in London. James regularly deals with patent, copyright, trade mark, and domain name issues, as well as passing off and Fair Trading Act matters and border control.
- Enforcement of intellectual property rights, litigation and dispute resolution
- Anti-counterfeiting and border protection
- New Zealand Institute of Patent Attorneys (NZIPA) - Student Member
- NZLS (New Zealand Law Society) - Member
- 2008 Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand
- 2008 Bachelor of Laws (Hons) - University of Auckland
- 2004 Bachelor of Arts (Hons) - University of Auckland