Katherine joined Baldwins as a Solicitor in February 2010 and was appointed as an Associate in 2013. Katherine is able to advise on all aspects of trade mark and related Intellectual Property law. She has international trade mark experience, having joined Baldwins after working at a major international law firm in London and also has previous experience as a Senior Trade Mark Examiner at the Intellectual Property Office of New Zealand.
Katherine advises on trade mark availability, infringement issues, copyright, passing off and the Fair Trading Act. Katherine's expertise also includes filing and prosecuting trade mark applications, managing trade mark oppositions and disputes and drafting Intellectual Property agreements.
- Trade mark clearance advice
- Filing and prosecuting trade mark applications
- Trade mark oppositions and disputes
- Intellectual property agreements
- 2000 - 2004 Bachelor of Laws and Bachelor of Arts (Politics and English), University of Otago
- 2006 - 2010 NZ Patent Attorney Examinations