Thomas joined Baldwins in late 2010 as a solicitor in the litigation and commercial team in the Wellington office. Thomas is a barrister and solicitor specialising in all areas of intellectual property litigation, dispute resolution and commercialisation.
He regularly deals with trade mark, copyright, patent, registered design, border control, and domain name issues. He also works with clients to protect, develop, commercialise and licence intellectual property.
Thomas studied at Victoria University of Wellington, completing a Bachelor of Science with Honours in psychology and a Bachelor of Laws in 2010. During that time, he also worked with the New Zealand Innocence Project as a researcher of human memory error.
He is currently studying towards becoming a registered patent attorney.
- Litigation and dispute resolution
- Opinions including infringement and invalidity advice
- Licences and commercialisation agreements
- Domain Name Complaints
- Counterfeiting and border control cases
- Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand
- NZLS (New Zealand Law Society)
- NZIPA (New Zealand Institute of Patent Attorneys) – Student Member
- APCA (Asia Pacific Copyright Association)