2018 AmCham - DHL Express Success & Innovation Awards
Monday 27th August 2018
The 19th annual AmCham DHL Express Success & Innovation Awards were held at the Pullman Auckland Hotel last Thursday, 16th August 2018. This year’s finalists highlighted some of New Zealand’s most innovative products and services succeeding in the USA.
The AmCham DHL Express Success & Innovation Awards celebrate success and innovation in the export, import, and investment sectors between New Zealand and its third-largest trading partner, the USA. Winners of the importer, exporter, tourism, and bilateral connections awards categories receive an Economy Plus® Round Trip Ticket to the USA from United Airlines.
Over the last year, the trade of goods with the USA were just under $12 billion, up 4%, representing 10% of New Zealand’s total merchandise trade. Trade in services continue to grow, with total trade bilateral worth around $17 billion.
As a proud sponsor of the awards for 19 years running, Baldwins would like to congratulate the following winners:
- BioPacific Partners– Bilateral Connections with the USA;
- Bilateral Entrepreneur/Innovator of the Year with the USA – Chip Dawson;
- Contribution to Tourism with the USA – Philippa Ashford & Assoc Ltd NZ as representative for Visit Anaheim;
- Importer of the Year from the USA – Hawaiki Submarine Cable LP;
- Investor of the Year to or from the USA – Tourism Holdings Ltd;
- Exporter of the Year to the USA under $1 million – Ubco Ltd;
- Exporter of the Year to the USA $1 million to $10 million - Eroad Ltd;
- Exporter of the Year to the USA over $10 million – New Zealand King Salmon; and
- Mike Smith, Managing Director of IBM New Zealand was presented with the Trevor Eagle memorial award as AmCham Supporter of the Year.
Baldwins Chairman Wes Jones presented the Exporter of the Year to the USA $1 million to $10 million award to Eroad Ltd. Wes commented that the 1-10M category is especially exciting since it is a popular category containing entrants that are emerging to become New Zealand’s new global export leaders.
This year’s award finalists were some of the strongest AmCham has seen in the last eighteen 18 years, and the judges decided to award a number of Highly Commended certificates.
Left to right: Hal Josephson (MediaSense), Chris Chandler (KPMG), Sue Ironside (Baldwins Intellectual Property), Julie Reid (United Airlines), Tony Eaton (US Global Tax), Graham Lintott (Lockheed Martin NZ and President of AMCHAM NZ) (Image: Mike Hearn)
Thank you to AmCham for facilitating such an enjoyable evening and celebration of New Zealand entrepreneurs.
Further information on all the AmCham Award winners for 2018 can be found here.