Air New Zealand Cargo ExportNZ Awards 2017 entries open
Thursday 23rd February 2017
Baldwins is once again proud to support the Air New Zealand Cargo ExportNZ Awards for 2017. The awards are a chance to recognise exporting success in New Zealand. Entries are now open and close March 17. Read on for more information.
With exporting a hot topic, it’s time for those in the industry to share their success stories with the rest of New Zealand.
Entries are now open to the Air New Zealand Cargo ExportNZ Awards 2017 - and Auckland and Waikato and judges are wanting to hear how exporters have triumphed over adversity to build a successful business.
New Zealand is a trading nation and our exporters are vital to New Zealand’s economy, which has come under the spotlight with recent global events that indicate a move to more protectionist policies, says Catherine Lye, Regional Manager of ExportNZ Auckland, Waikato & Bay of Plenty.
"Which is why these awards are crucial as we need to recognise the role of exporters in our country, celebrate their stories and journey so far, and learn how they’ve overcome highs and lows to succeed in the world of exporting.
"The very nature of exporting means these operators often have a more significant presence offshore, than onshore, and the awards are an excellent way we can share their success stories, along with the challenges they need to overcome."
For the year ended June 2016 exports of goods and services accounted for 28% (NZ$70.9 billion) of New Zealand’s GDP. The goal is to build this to 40% by 2025.
ExportNZ Auckland has been running the awards since 2009, as part of its mission to champion the value of exporting for New Zealand and New Zealanders.
Since 2016 the awards have also included exporters from the Waikato region too.
Entries for the awards are now open and close on March 17.
Air New Zealand Cargo ExportNZ Awards 2017:
- Westpac Exporter of the Year (export revenue over $25million)
- Ports of Auckland Exporter of the Year (export revenue $10million - $25million)
- BDO Exporter of the Year (export revenue $5million - $10million)
- DHL Exporter of the Year (export revenue $1million - $5million)
- Endace Services Exporter of the Year (export revenue $1million - $10million)
- Baldwins Intellectual Property Best Use of Commercialisation of Innovation for Export
- Supreme Winner (selected from the winners of award categories 2-5)
- Fairfax Media Exporters Champion (for exemplary services to export)
- ExportNZ Auckland and Waikato are divisions of the Employers and Manufacturers Association.
The 2017 awards will be presented at a black-tie gala dinner on Thursday, June 29 at Sky City Convention Centre.
For more information see here or contact:
Val Hayes | External Relations Manager, EMA
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: +64 (0)9 367 0916, Mobile: +64 (0)21 615 549