Article written by: Shelley Rowland | Thursday 28th August 2014
What: MORGO 2014
When: 18-19 September
Where: Waitangi, Bay of Islands, NZ.
Baldwins is a proud sponsor of MORGO 2014 – New Zealand’s premier conference for people actively building high growth companies from New Zealand and taking on the world. Now in its 12th year MORGO attracts a wealth of CEOs, founders, CTOs and CFOs who attend to network with one another on a level unrivalled by equivalent industry events.
The theme for MORGO 2014 is ‘Invest for Growth’ with more than 16 speakers from around the globe set to challenge and inspire conference attendees. Speakers at MORGO are all people who have overcome challenges and succeeded in building great businesses. This year’s speakers include Rod Drury (Xero), Professor Sir Michael Brady (University of Oxford), James Docking (Gentrack), Vaughan Rowsell (Vend) and Geraldine McBride (MyWave) to name just a few.
Aside from the speakers, people attend MORGO to connect with other attendees. The conference has developed into a supportive and encouraging environment and prides itself on being the ‘annual re-charge’ for members of New Zealand’s innovation network. Baldwins’ partner Shelley Rowland had this to say about her past experience attending MORGO:
“MORGO represents a fantastic opportunity to ‘down tools’ and let the ideas flow, inspired by the innovative people around you and the tales they have to tell. A great network, invigorating discussions and an inspirational atmosphere -it’s all there. ”
If you are interested to register and attend MORGO2014 click here to find out more.
The Baldwins’ team are looking forward to supporting New Zealand’s innovation community through getting connected and being inspired by the world class network attending MORGO2014. We hope to see you there too!
Baldwins’ Team Members Attending MORGO 2014:
Wes Jones (Partner)
David Alizade (Head of Commercial)
Full List of Speakers at MORGO 2014:
- Xero’s Rod Drury on Invest for Growth the MORGO 2014 theme
- Adrian Currie on The Priceline Group’s international growth journey
- Hamish Kennedy on Compac Sorting Equipment - The Story so Far
- Vaughan Rowsell on Investing in Vend
- Professor Sir Michael Brady (UK) a serial medtech entrepreneur on new frontiers
- Roger Dennis on Building a Sensing City
- James Docking from Gentrack and Darrin Grafton from Serko on listing on the NZX
- Listing Panel with NZX CEO Tim Bennett and Serko, Gentrack, ikeGPS, Vista and Xero
- Indian software entrepreneur Anand Deshpande on Building Persistent
- Neville Spiteri (US) on Building WemoLab
- Geraldine McBride on MyWave
- John Cromwell from top US investment bank GrowthPoint Technology Partners
- Brian Russell on The Zephyr Story + workshops ..
- Allen Chen of iResearch, the biggest internet research company in China, on the development trend of the China internet market
- Dame Wendy Pye from Wendy Pye Books on building one of the world’s most successful education companies
See: www.morgo.co.nz for more details.