Baldwins Law Limited
Angela helps her clients secure and enforce their trade mark rights in New Zealand, Australia and countries around the world.
Angela has an in-depth knowledge of trade mark law and can provide strategic advice relating to brand protection. This includes conducting freedom to operate searches, registering trade marks, advising on contentious matters and managing portfolios for small and large clients in New Zealand and Australia, as well as internationally.
Her career of more than 20 years in intellectual property began while Angela was studying towards her conjoint BSc and LLB degrees at Victoria University. Her intellectual property journey has since included completing a Masters of Law (Honours) in intellectual property law, working for 4 years in a top tier intellectual property firm in Sydney, Australia and having her own boutique trade mark practice, before rejoining the Baldwins team.
Angela is passionate about assisting companies to grow domestically and internationally by helping them secure and enforce their intellectual property.
- Trade marks and branding
- Conducting freedom to operate searches in
New Zealand and Australia
- Providing strategies for trade mark protection in New Zealand, and Australia, as well as internationally
- Trade mark examination
- Contentious trade mark issues
- NZIPA - New Zealand Institute of Patent Attorneys - Fellow
- CWLA - Canterbury Women’s Legal Association - Past Convenor
- INTA - International Trademark Association
- IPSANZ - Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand
- NZLS - New Zealand Law Society
- IPTA - Institute of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys of Australia – Member
- ECTA – European Communities Trade Mark Association – Associate Member
- Registered Patent Attorney (New Zealand and Australia)
- Trade Marks Attorney (Australia)
- Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of
- 1998 Masters of Law (Honours), University of Canterbury
- 1993 Bachelor of Laws, Victoria University of Wellington
- 1992 Bachelor of Science (Chemistry), Victoria University of Wellington
Awards & Recognition
Publications & Citations
- Australian Olympic Committee Inc v Schwarzkopf & Henkel GmbH  ATMO 37 (30 June 2005)