Trade Mark Executive | Wellington
Ben provides assistance to clients on trade mark protection and enforcement matters in New Zealand, Australia and further afield.Ben works with a range of clients to ensure protection of their brands as well as helping them to secure trade mark registrations. He also assists clients with trade mark clearance searches, prosecution, opposition, revocation and invalidity proceedings.
Ben has an extensive knowledge of protecting trade marks in overseas jurisdictions and can provide strategic portfolio advice.
Before joining Baldwins, Ben spent four years specialising in trade marks in the United Kingdom at Barker Brettell and A.A. Thornton & Co. He acted for clients in the sporting, fashion, academic and engineering sectors.
Ben relaxes outside of work by playing and watching sport and also enjoys travelling to new places and cities. Ben has recently trekked the four day Inca Trail to Machu Picchu.
- Brand development, management and clearance.
- Trade mark portfolio management, prosecution,
- Trade mark registration for local and international clients.
- Enforcement matters including oppositions and infringements.
- Postgraduate Certificate Intellectual Property, Bournemouth University
- Law LLB (Hons), Bournemouth University