Baldwins Law Limited
David is a solicitor and registered patent attorney specialising in pharmaceutical and chemical technologies.
David works mainly in the chemistry and biotechnology sectors. He helps clients with patent application drafting and prosecution in New Zealand and Australia.
Before joining Baldwins, David worked as a patent examiner at the Intellectual Property Office of New Zealand (IPONZ).
In his spare time, David enjoys running, golf and hiking through New Zealand’s many national parks.
- Patent filing and examination
- Patent searching
- Life sciences and biotechnology
- Chemical products
- Food and beverage
- Registered Patent Attorney (Australia and New Zealand)
- Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of
- 2012 Master of Science (Hons 1st Class) (Chemistry), Victoria University of Wellington
- 2009 Bachelor of Laws, Bachelor of Science, Victoria University of Wellington
Articles by David Koedyk
- 27 06 2016Indications for use not sufficient to satisfy Australian patent term extension criteria
- 23 10 2015Pharmaceuticals and TPP New Zealand - Makes you wonder what all the fuss was about
- 15 10 2015What now for gene patents in Australia in light of D’Arcy v Myriad
- 07 09 2015Piggy-backing to market? TPP negotiations bring data exclusivity periods of biologics into public
- 13 08 2015New bill extends data protection for agricultural compounds and veterinary medicines
- 30 09 2014Contributory infringement – New Zealand strengthens the position of patent owners
- 12 10 2013New Zealand to refuse ‘obvious’ patents at examination
- 22 04 2013We can patent jeans – so what about genes?