Baldwins Law Limited
Joseph assists clients with the development and protection of their trade marks and copyright.Joseph advises clients on brand protection and management, as well as commercial aspects of their trade mark and copyright portfolios. Joseph is a registered trans-Tasman patent attorney. In 2015 he was awarded the NZIPA Prize for the top mark in the country for Paper B - New Zealand Law and Practice Relating to Trade Marks.
Before joining Baldwins in 2015, Joseph worked as a legal assistant in the music industry and maintains a strong interest in all aspects of the media industry and related legal practice.
Outside of work, Joseph tries to spend as much time in or on the water as possible. On dry land he’s often found with his head in a novel or comic book.
- Trade marks
- IP licensing and commercial agreements
- Media law
- Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand
- Registered Patent Attorney (Australia and New Zealand)
- Trade Mark Attorney (Australia)
- 2014 Bachelor of Laws, University of Auckland
- 2014 Bachelor of Commerce, University of Auckland
Articles by Joseph Bracewell
- 19 07 2018Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership
- 01 12 2017SKY TV battles pirates: draft website-blocking application released by SKY
- 30 10 2017Eight Mile Style v New Zealand National Party: National ‘Loses itself’ to Eminem in copyright case
- 10 02 2016First Reading of the Patents (Trans-Tasman Patent Attorneys and Other Matters) Amendment Bill
- 11 12 2015.brands – the growth of new domains
- 10 06 2015Breaking with Tradition: Japan opens the gates to new types of Trade Mark
- 18 04 2015Laying in to ‘Layout’: the dangers of unregistered and non-distinctive branding
- 13 04 2015Encouraging Origins – Geographic Indications may finally become registrable in New Zealand.
- 10 03 2015Out on the Second Strike: Copyright Tribunal Refuses Order for Payment