Patent Executive | Wellington
Katie assists clients in patent matters in New Zealand, Australia and overseas.Katie has experience in patent prosecution, as well as in searching and drafting patent applications. Katie specialises in the areas of life sciences, biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, and environmental chemistry.
Her previous experience includes working on innovation and entrepreneurship policy in the public sector and on intellectual property litigation and patent/trademark prosecution in the private sector in Canada. She also worked at a multinational agrochemical company in the computer modeling of agrochemicals in the environment and in technology intelligence and evaluation.
She is passionate about solving problems in creative ways. In her spare time, Katie enjoys exploring the great outdoors.
- Patent searching, filing and examination
- Patent oppositions and revocations
- Patentability and freedom to operate advice
- Environmental chemistry/pharmaceuticals
- Life sciences/biotechnology
- 2014 Admitted Barrister & Solicitor, Ontario, Canada
- 2013 Juris Doctor (J.D.), Osgoode Hall Law School, York University
- 2009 Bachelor of Science (Chemistry and Environmental Sciences), B.Sc.Hons., Queen’s University