Baldwins Law Limited
Lucy helps clients to protect their brands in New Zealand and overseas.
Lucy specialises in advising clients on the availability of new brands and whether they can be registered. She also helps clients to protect their brands through local and international trade mark registration. Lucy provides strategic advice and assistance in contentious matters, such as trade mark oppositions and revocation proceedings.
Lucy also advises clients on related intellectual property matters. This includes copyright advice and intellectual property related agreements, such as transfer, licence and co-existence agreements.
After starting her career as an intellectual property lawyer in the Baldwins Wellington office in 1998, Lucy spent two years working for a boutique intellectual property firm in London. During this time, she also worked as an in-house trade mark manager for a multinational drinks business.
Intellectual property is a key aspect of every business and Lucy enjoys working with a diverse range of clients from start-ups to multinational companies. She particularly enjoys helping each client obtain the best protection for their brands and related intellectual property.
Outside work, Lucy enjoys the arts, the great outdoors and spending time with family.
- Searching and advising in relation to the creation of new brands
- Trade mark registration
- Trade mark oppositions and revocations
- Contentious matters such as trade mark infringement, passing off and Fair Trading Act breaches
- Copyright advice
- IP related agreements such as transfer, license and co-existence agreements
- Registered Patent Attorney (New Zealand and Australia)
- Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of
- 1997 Bachelor of Laws, Victoria University of Wellington
- 1996 Bachelor of Arts (French), Victoria University of Wellington
Articles by Lucy Hudson
- 13 08 2013Trader Beware – New consumer laws set to increase trader obligations
- 13 02 2013New Food Standard to Affect Nutrition and Health claims – Is Your Business Ready for the Change?
- 08 12 2012Businesses to benefit from international trade mark registration
- 15 11 2012New Zealand accedes to the Madrid Protocol