Associate | Auckland
Matthieu assists clients with the drafting and prosecution of patent applications worldwide.Matthieu specialises in the area of patents. This includes drafting patent specifications and progressing applications through to grant, in addition to advising on patentability and freedom to operate. His main practice areas are in the fields of software & computer systems and medical devices.
Matthieu qualified as a European patent attorney in Paris, then moved to New Zealand in 2015. Before joining Baldwins, he worked as an in-house patent engineer for several companies that specialise in digital television and IT systems.
Outside of work, Matthieu enjoys spending time with his young family, as well as playing soccer and golf.
- Patent searching
- Patent filing and examination
- Information and communication technology
- Software and computer systems
- Mechanical engineering
NZIPA – New Zealand Institute of Patent Attorneys – Student member
- Registered Patent Attorney (Australia and New Zealand)
- European Patent Attorney
- 2010 CEIPI Diploma, University of Strasbourg, France
- 2003 Advanced Masters in Innovation & Technology – Business school of Toulouse, France
- 2002 Masters of Engineering(Materials Science) – Grenoble Institute of Technology, France