Senior Associate | Auckland
Matthieu assists clients with the drafting and prosecution of patent applications worldwide.Matthieu specialises in the area of patents. This includes drafting patent specifications and progressing applications through to grant, in addition to advising on patentability and freedom to operate. Matthieu also drafts and prosecutes commercially focused registered design applications. His main practice areas are in the fields of mechanical engineering, software & computer systems, and medical devices.
Before joining Baldwins, Matthieu qualified as a European Patent Attorney and worked in-house as a patent engineer for a large American company which develops, manufactures and sells networking hardware, telecommunications equipment and other high-technology services. Matthieu also worked for European-based companies specialized in digital television systems and user interfaces.
- Patent searching
- Patent filing and examination
- Information and communication technology
- Software and computer systems
- Mechanical engineering
NZIPA – New Zealand Institute of Patent Attorneys – Student member
- Registered Patent Attorney (Australia and New Zealand)
- European Patent Attorney*
- 2010 CEIPI Diploma, University of Strasbourg, France
- 2003 Advanced Masters in Innovation & Technology – Business school of Toulouse, France
- 2002 Masters of Engineering(Materials Science) – Grenoble Institute of Technology, France
* No longer current due to residency requirements.