Baldwins Law Limited
Nadia specialises in developing trade mark protection strategies for local and international clients.
Nadia’s advice for local and international clients covers trade mark protection, enforcement and management, as well as associated intellectual property matters.
Nadia has advised clients across a range of industries including food & beverage, fashion, cosmetic, retail, sports, media and entertainment sectors.
Nadia joined Baldwins as a law clerk in 2015 after graduating with an LLB from Victoria University of Wellington.
Outside of work, Nadia loves running and cooking. She can usually be found exploring the great outdoors, a good book or the latest computer game.
- Trade Mark availability, prosecution, opposition and infringement in New Zealand and internationally
- Copyright, passing off, the Fair Trading Act
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiation of various commercial arrangements in an IP setting
- Watching services
- Domain name registrations and disputes
- Australian Trade Marks Attorney
- Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand
- 2014 Bachelor of Laws, Victoria University of Wellington
Articles by Nadia Ormiston
- 19 07 2019Brazil: 121st member of the Madrid Union
- 01 05 2019Overview of Intellectual Property developments in Australia
- 26 04 2019Commerce Commission v Viagogo AG: Plaintiff granted leave to appeal the High Court decision
- 29 03 2019The Scope of the Potential EU-New Zealand Fair Trade Agreement
- 27 02 2019No interim injunction in Commerce Commission v Viagogo AG
- 10 10 2017Indonesia: 100th member of the Madrid Union
- 05 10 2016Geographical Indications: Progress following the Primary Production Select Committee
- 23 03 2016First Reading for Geographical Indications (Wine and Spirits) Registration Amendment Bill
- 04 03 2016She should be so lucky: Kylie Minogue opposes Kylie Jenner’s bid to trade mark “KYLIE”