Baldwins Law Limited
Natalie assists clients in all areas of intellectual property disputes, and in the enforcement and protection of intellectual property rights.
Natalie specialises in all areas of intellectual property dispute resolution and advice, including trade mark oppositions and infringement matters, passing off and Fair Trading Act matters and border protection, as well as domain name, patent and copyright disputes. Natalie also advises clients on consumer law issues, including advertising clearances and complaints.
Before joining Baldwins in July 2012, Natalie practised general commercial litigation, including insolvency and intellectual property law, for more than five years at a major New Zealand commercial law firm. Her experience also includes trade mark portfolio management and filing, and prosecution of trade mark applications.
Natalie has represented clients at arbitrations, mediations, hearings before the Intellectual Property Office of New Zealand (IPONZ) and IP Australia, and throughout the New Zealand courts, including at the Court of Appeal.
Natalie loves the variety of work and challenging matters she comes across in her daily practice. She also enjoys being part of the bigger picture and working with her clients to achieve outcomes that work for them now, and for their future business activities.
- Enforcement of IP rights, litigation and dispute resolution
- Infringement, opposition, revocation and related contentious matters (trade marks and patents)
- Anti-counterfeiting and border protection
- Consumer law advice
- Contractual issues
- Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand
- 2006 Bachelor of Science / Bachelor of Laws (conjoint), University of Auckland
Publications & Citations
- Hakutsuru Sake Brewing Co. Ltd v Calidris 28 AG (SA)  NZIPOTM 44
- Cadbury UK Ltd v J H Whittaker & Sons Ltd  NZHC 816
Articles by Natalie Harre
- 20 07 2017Intellectual property – where do I start?!
- 13 07 2017IP Australia announces new IP Mediation Referral Service
- 16 05 2017Major Event – The Lions are coming!
- 15 12 2016#socialmediasavvy: social media and copyright law, how does it work?
- 06 12 2014New Zealand enacts new law to deal with match-fixing
- 04 09 2014Reciprocal IP rights with the UK are a distinct advantage for kiwi designers!
- 10 04 2014Protection for major sporting events in NZ & Australia
- 13 11 2013Enforcing your civil judgment across the ditch just got easier
- 19 09 2013Delay in enforcing rights proves costly for Winnebago
- 13 08 2013Does your brand / business have a strong online presence?