Baldwins Law Limited
Niklas advises clients on how to secure, commercialise and defend their trade marks, designs, copyright and related rights.Niklas specialises in trade marks, designs, copyright and related rights. He assists local and international clients with the development of international trade mark portfolios and provides strategic advice in respect of defending rights against third party infringements. Niklas has advised clients in the food & beverage sector, the telecommunications and sports sectors, as well as in the automobile and civil engineering sectors.
Niklas is also a qualified German lawyer, having been admitted to the German Bar in 2011. Prior to joining Baldwin's, Niklas spent a number of years working within the intellectual property team of the Munich office of Bird & Bird LLP. He also holds a Master of Laws from Victoria University of Wellington.
Out of work Niklas enjoys spending time with his young family and biking, running or taking photos of New Zealand’s beautiful nature.
- Strategic planning for trade mark protection
- Brand development and IP commercialisation
- Trade mark prosecution, including compilation of evidence and research on trade mark usage
- Trade mark protection, opposition, enforcement (online infringement) and portfolio management.
- Domain disputes
- Advising on, drafting and negotiating commercial contracts (terms and conditions of sale, distribution agreements, IT contracts, licensing agreements)
- LLM (Victoria University of Wellington)
- German qualified lawyer (Rechtsanwalt)