Consultant | Auckland
Philip has more than 40 years’ experience advising on intellectual property strategy and commercialisation.
A registered patent attorney in New Zealand and Australia, Philip has extensive experience in applying intellectual property law to business commercialisation both locally and internationally. This includes the use of trade marks and branding, as well as copyright, designs and related intellectual property strategy, to obtain or maintain market traction.
No stranger to construction sites, Philip has knowledge and expertise in the building, boat building and construction products/design sectors.
Philip qualified as a patent attorney in 1973 and was a partner at Baldwins for close to 40 years. He transitioned to the role of consultant in 2015.
Philip is a past recipient of the APAA Enduring Award recognising his engagement, commitment and loyalty to the Asian Patent Attorneys Association (APAA).
Philip’s transition to consultancy has given him extra time to devote to his personal building, construction and marine projects.
- Trade marks and unfair competition practice
- Fair Trading Act and passing off
- Branding and related IP portfolio management
- Parallel importation risk assessment and compliance
- Branding and packaging audit
- Building and marine construction
- AIPPI - International Association for the Protection of Industrial Property - Member
- APAA - Asian Patent Attorneys Association - Executive Officer
- FICPI - International Federation of Intellectual Property Attorneys - Member
- NZMarine - Marine Industry Association - Member
- NZIPA - New Zealand Institute of Patent Attorneys - Fellow
- Registered Patent Attorney (New Zealand and Australia)