Patent Executive | Auckland
Rachel assists clients in patent matters in New Zealand, Australia, and overseas.Rachel specialises in patents with specialist knowledge in the area of biotechnology, and has experience in a number of patent matters including prior art searching, guiding patent applications through the examination process, and maintaining existing patents.
Before joining Baldwins Rachel worked as a Patent Examiner on the Biotechnology team at the Intellectual Property Office of New Zealand (IPONZ). Through her work at IPONZ, she has gained a wealth of experience in the field of biotechnology, primarily including the examination of applications relating to genetics, microbiology, immunology, pharmaceuticals, food technology, and molecular biology.
Having grown up on a farm in the Waikato, Rachel loves spending her time outside the office, getting back to her roots and exploring the outdoors.
- Patent filing and examination
- Patent searching
- Biotechnology related technologies
- Patentability advice
- NZIPA – New Zealand Institute of Patent Attorneys - Student member
- Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand
- 2014 Bachelor of Biomedical Sciences (BBiomedSc) majoring in Infection and Immunity, University of Otago
- 2014 Bachelor of Laws, University of Otago