Head of Commercial
Baldwins Law Limited
Sean advises clients on a broad range of commercial, corporate, IP and IT law mattersSean helps private and public sector bodies structure their business and operations in order to protect, commercialise and otherwise best use their assets. He has substantial experience in advising on and drafting all manner of commercial documentation. Sean has particular expertise in advising on IT and IP contracts, including large scale outsourcing and service agreements.
Sean is based in our Auckland office and regularly travels to Hamilton and Christchurch to work with clients.
Before joining Baldwins, Sean worked in the commercial and corporate department of a well-known boutique firm in Sydney. He also spent several years in one of the UK’s leading technology and outsourcing law firms.
Sean enjoys the variety of businesses he works with, from new innovative technologies to more traditional service delivery models, and the unique challenges each one offers. When not at work, he enjoys spending time with his young family and wonders when he will have a moment for any of his previous hobbies.
- Advising on, drafting and negotiating commercial documentation including terms and conditions of sale, distribution agreements, supply agreements, service/outsourcing agreements, manufacturing agreements, loan agreements, mortgages and charges, IT contracts, licensing agreements and franchise agreements.
- Advising on business and asset sales and purchases.
- General corporate governance counsel including advising on directors duties, internal company administration and shareholder disputes.
- Advising start-up businesses in respect to structuring, administration and governance issues.
- Contractual disputes and remedies, and assisting in the negotiation and settlement of such disputes.
- Barister & Solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court of New South Wales
- 2005 Masters of Law and Legal Practice, University of Technology, Sydney
- 2001 Bachelor of Business (Accounting & Finance), University of Technology, Sydney