Baldwins Law Limited
Susan helps clients maintain and enforce their intellectual property rights and facilitates the resolution of disputes.Susan is a barrister and solicitor specialising in all areas of intellectual property litigation and dispute resolution. She has expertise in dealing with issues relating to trade marks, copyright, domain names, patents, design registrations, trade secrets and consumer law.
Before joining Baldwins, Susan completed a Bachelor of Laws and Arts, majoring in Politics and International Relations at the University of Auckland. While studying, she worked for various institutions, including a trade-investment promotion organisation, a media platform on start-ups and ventures, and a prominent research university overseas with a focus on East Asian law and political economy.
After her admission as a Barrister and Solicitor of New Zealand and New South Wales, Susan worked for a general practice where she advised clients in all areas of law. She particularly enjoyed making court appearances and the level of detail required for preparation of commercial agreements to protect clients’ interests.
Outside of work, Susan likes spending time with her husband and attending various events around the city.
- Patent and registered design disputes
- Copyright disputes (including industrial copyright)
- Trade mark, branding and domain name disputes
- Confidential information and trade secret issues
- Fair trading, passing off and consumer law
- Counterfeit goods and border control
- Oppositions, revocations and invalidity actions
- Infringement and enforcement matters
- Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court of New South Wales
- 2016 Bachelor of Laws, University of Auckland
- 2016 Bachelor of Arts (Politics and International Relations), University of Auckland
Articles by Susan Hur
- 04 03 2020Brexit and Intellectual property rights
- 20 11 2019How may Brexit affect my IP rights in the UK?
- 15 01 2019Additional damages for flagrant copyright infringement welcomed by performing right association
- 06 12 2018Simon Says: Cultural expression and traditional knowledge deserve better
- 06 12 2018Update: China’s New E-Commerce Law
- 11 04 2018Countering Counterfeiting: Current problems and solutions for e-commerce piracy