Baldwins Law Limited
Victoria is a leading trade marks specialist with extensive international experience, advising on brand strategy and portfolio management across a broad range of industries, including FMCG, fashion and food.Victoria has been practising in the field of intellectual property law for nearly 20 years in the UK, Europe and New Zealand, working with a wide spectrum of clients, from small start-ups to the some of world’s most renowned fashion and cosmetics brands.
Victoria is a true trade mark expert, advising on brand strategy, trade mark filing and prosecution, and enforcement of trade marks across various industries - including cosmetics and toiletries, food and beverage, nutraceuticals, animal health and computer software.
Victoria first qualified as a solicitor in the UK, and worked at major law firms in London and Paris where she advised clients including L’Oréal, Seiko and Apple on their local and global protection and enforcement strategies. Since moving to New Zealand 12 years ago, she has continued to advise many local and internationally renowned brands on their protection, portfolio structuring, enforcement and border protection measures. She is knowledgeable, precise and trusted by clients to be commercial and strategic.
After studying and working in France, Victoria is passionate about French culture, and as a past President, remains an honorary member of the French New Zealand Chamber of Commerce. She also speaks fluent German. Victoria is a keen golfer, and more recently, tries to fit in a regular yoga practice.
- Trade mark and branding strategies, including portfolio management
- International brand strategy
- Advising on trade mark availability and registrability
- Filing and prosecuting local and international trade marks
- Border protection, parallel importing and import/export brand strategy
- Trade mark enforcement including advice on trade mark oppositions, revocations and invalidity actions
- Negotiating and preparing settlement and co-existence agreements, confidentiality agreements and licences.
- Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand
- Registered Patent Attorney (New Zealand and Australia)
- Registered Trade Mark Attorney (Australia)
- PGDip in Intellectual Property Law and Practice, Bristol University (2001)
- PGDip in Intellectual Property Law, Commercial Agreements and New Technologies, Grenoble University, France (1996)
- LLM Commercial Law, Grenoble University, France (1995)